Sunday 27th September
Haydon Hunter Trial & Tiny Tots XC
Entries are now closed
Late entries may be accepted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a £5 surcharge.
Extra class entries, including pairs, will be accepted on the day for those already entered in another class (providing there is space in the class.)
Class 1 - Tiny Tots XC 50cm
Class 2 - Tiny Tots XC 60cm
12 years and under. This will be running in a roped grass arena, featuring dressed Working Hunter and XC fences. Designed to help build children’s confidence, assistance is allowed in Both Class 1 and 2. The classes will be split into assisted and unassisted sections if entries allow. Prizes in kind, with rosettes for every entry. If time allows, entries may be taken on the day for a clear round up to 70cm, following the completion of class 2.
Class 3 - Up to 70cm Hunter Trial
Class 4 - Up to 70cm Pairs
Class 5 - 80cm Hunter Trial
Class 6 - 80cm Pairs
Class 7 - 90cm Hunter Trial
Class 8 - Mini Major Pairs
Entries secretary: Jade Hunter –
Organiser: Haydon Hunt
£15 per class (Class 1&2)
£25 per class (Class 3, 5, 7)
£40 per pairs class (Class 4,6,8)
(Unless at least one rider has competed in another class on the day- pairs entry will be reduced to £30)
Rosettes to 6th place in each class
Prizes in kind Online entries only via
Telephone entries not accepted
Each horse may only go around the course a maximum of 2 times
Entries close Monday 21st September
A late entry surcharge of £5 per class will apply for entries received after the closing date.
Late entries will be accepted after only is space permits.
Limited entries will be taken for the pairs classes on the day. (Class 4,6,8)
Classes 1-2: This event will run under Pony Club eventing rules 2019. These can be found on the Pony club website.
Apart from the following:
1. Competitors eliminated may be allowed to continue if deemed safe to do so by the jump judge or official steward, so long as there has not been a horse fall or suspected rider concussion. In the event that competitors do continue, any one obstacle should only be attempted three times, after which they must continue to the next fence or leave the course at walk.
For Class 3-8: This event will run under Pony Club eventing rules 2019. These can be found on the Pony club website.
1. The winner will be the closest to the optimum time through the identified timed section, with the lowest number of faults. Optimum times will be disclosed at the start box from Saturday 26th September.
2. Competitors eliminated may be allowed to continue if deemed safe to do so by the jump judge or official steward, so long as there has not been a horse fall or suspected rider concussion. In the event that competitors do continue, any one obstacle should only be attempted three times, after which they must continue to the next fence or leave the course at walk.
No refunds available following 23rd September 2020.
In the event of cancellation by the organisers, entries will be refunded with a £5 deduction. In the event of adverse weather on the day no refunds will be issued.
Competitors are requested to bring their own number bibs and print their own numbers due to the current COVID requirements. We understand this may be difficult for some competitors and we will support where possible – a number of bibs will be available to ‘hire’ on the day for £10 refundable deposit. Please visit the secretary tent.
Stop watches are not permitted
The course will be available to walk from 2pm on Saturday 26th September 2020
Times will be posted at the course walk and posted on LWXC website on Friday 25th September 2020 –
Unfortunately, we are unable to hold a prize giving, adhering with current COVID-19 guidelines. Results will be posted on our website and social media during the day and at the latest on the evening of the competition date.
Prizes and rosettes will be posted to you if not collected on the day.
A photographer will be present on the day.
HATS & Footwear:
It is MANDATORY for all competitors/riders to wear a helmet to current safety standards
(PAS015 1998/2011. VG01.040 2014-12 with BSI kitemark or Inspec IC Mark)
Full list is available on the BE website. Only skull caps will be allowed for cross country. Correct riding boots are compulsory.
Body protectors to BETA level 3 manufactured in 2009 or after are mandatory for X Country. If riders wish to wear air jackets they must be worn in addition and over a body protector.
Dogs must be kept on a lead and stay within the parking field on Sunday 27th September. Dogs are permitted on Saturday 26th September when walking the course, providing they are kept on a lead at all times and cleared up after.
Hot and Cold refreshments will be available from Haydon Hunt Supporters Club, but social distancing rules must apply at all times. A card machine will be available.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
-The organisers of the event have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the health & safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective, everyone present must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents and obey the instructions of the organisers, officials and stewards.
- Visitors and competitors must adhere to signs and not go beyond the "No horses" signs
- Horses left outside of wagons/trailers must not be left unattended
- The organisers shall not be liable for any claims in respect of damage or accident to any person, whether competitor, servant, spectator, horse, vehicle or property howsoever caused in conjunction or arising out of the competition
-All visitors must respect the social distancing rules at all times. Please remain 2m apart. · Please visit update/ for further information
· Please be sensible and avoid parking close to other vehicles. We will direct you to your parking
· Do not muck out onto field and please take droppings from horsebox parking bays home with you.